All actions taken on the blockchain come with a cost known as a "gas fee". For example, it is paid when you:
- purchase an NFT and confirm transferring its price to an owner's wallet;
- confirm listing for sale;
- perform some in-game activities with NFTs and other tokens.
Miners provide resources to let these transactions proceed within a certain network, be it Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, or other blockchains. Gas fees are literally miners' earnings denominated in the currency native to a certain blockchain (ETH for Ethereum transactions, BNB for Binance Smart Chain, MATIC for Polygon, etc.)
Gas fees are paid directly to miners; PROM Marketplace does not profit from gas fees, does not collect them, and has no control over their rates.
The price of gas depends on different factors:
- the blockchain and its current workload (how many transactions are happening at the moment). Ethereum is considered expensive, while Polygon and Binance Smart Chain fees seem insufficient for most users.
- how fast you want your transaction to be executed. If you’re ready to wait, you may pay less.
You have to keep in mind that you'll need enough cryptocurrency in your wallet to cover the associated gas fees needed to buy and sell NFTs at PROM. Gas fees are paid in cryptocurrency native to a certain chain (for example, MATIC on Polygon, BNB on Binance Smart Chain, etc.). You can always check the list of supported games and associated chains and currencies here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.